Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide
if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding,
make even more art. --andy warhol



Friday, August 19, 2011

Collage Specimen Box - Finished!

Check it out!  I spent the afternoon playing with all of the elements that I received in Lovely Linda's Collage Specimen Box class at Stampaway and, voila, I ended up the afternoon with a finished box!  I'm thrilled since I may have mentioned that I'm a bit prone to come home with unfinished projects that I never get around to actually completing.  But today I broke that pattern and I have a wonderful whimsical collaged specimen box that I love.  Here -- let me show you:

Don't you just love it?

 
The houses are Tim Holtz dies that are embellished with rubber stamps and a variety of other pieces that were in our kits in the class.  I especially like the shingled pink roof that started out as sheets of music, but which were highlighted with a fun new product called Inka-Gold that Linda introduced us to in the workshop.

 
As I worked on this piece, I had tons of other ideas that I can't wait to try.  I'll keep you posted as I keep playing with these fun boxes!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment